Google explains about Search Algorithm in this way.
Algorithms- You want the answer, not trillions of web pages. Algorithms are computer programs that look for clues to give you back exactly what you want.
Google’s algorithm work for you by searching the web pages that contain the keywords you used to search. Google’s algorithm is designed to assign a rank to each web page based several SEO factors. Google algorithm gives you the best result in search Engine Result Page (SERPs) for the query you are searching for. It removes the website which used black hat techniques, duplicate content, spammy links to gain higher ranking.
Google has launched these algorithm updates to give best search experience to users.
Google Search Algorithm and Latest SEO updates History 2015
- Google Pigeon Update
- Google Payday Loan Update
- Google Hummingbird Update
- Google Penguin Update
- Google Panda Update
Google Pigeon Update
- Google Announced Pigeon update on July 24, 2014
- To provide a more useful and relevant experience by providing more accurate local search results for
- It does impact local search results rankings for better user’s local search experience.
Google Payday Loan Update
- Google Released First Payday Loan Algorithm update onJune 11, to remove very spammy queries.
- Latest Payday loan 3.0 was launched on June 12, 2014.
Google Hummingbird Update
- Google Started Hummingbird on 30 August 2013.
- To improve the search queries and keyword phrase.
- Paying more attention to keyword in a query to ensure that Search result are based on the whole query and the whole sentence or conversation or meaning
- To understand user intention to improve the search results.
Google Penguin Update
- First released in April 24, 2012
- To decrease search engine rankings of websites that violate Google’s Webmaster Guideline by using black-hat SEO techniques (cloaking, increase spammy links) involved in increasing artificially the ranking of a webpage.
- To penalize websites using wrong or black-hat techniques to achieve high rankings
Google Panda Update
- First released in February 2011
- To decrease the ranking of “low-quality sites” or “thin sites” and increase the ranking of higher-quality sites near the top of the search results
- Works like a filter that prevents low-quality sites and web pages from ranking well in the search engine results page.
- it filters through inbound links and search queries for the site’s brand
- It recommends rewritten few pages of poor quality or duplicated content to be removed, blocked from being indexed by the search engine
- Google released latest Panda 4.1 Update in the week of September 21, 2014.
Latest posts by Rohit Sharma (see all)
- How To make Money Online – eCommerce Marketing Guide - August 19, 2017
- How to work as an Intrapreneur at Large Corporations in digital age? - August 11, 2017
- WORDPRESS VS JOOMLA VS DRUPAL WEBSITE – CMS COMPARISON CHART - August 6, 2017